Designs for Evening Wear Inspired By Arabian Horses and Equestrianism
Dr Tahani bint Nasir Al-Ajaji and Wafa bint Muhammad Al-Khathami
Fashion Design and Textiles Department, College of Art and Design,
Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University
This paper highlights the beauty of horses and the position they hold in fashion design, and it aims to focus on evening wear inspired by Arabian horses. The paper follows the applied descriptive approach.
The sample consisted of 55 randomly-selected women who were between 17 and 50 years of age. One of the research methods used was an electronic questionnaire.
The most important findings of this study:
- Identifying the most important challenges that women face when purchasing ready-to-wear clothes in the local market
- Respondents’ acceptance of women’s fashion inspired by Arabian horses and equestrianism
- There is a market for a collection of evening wear inspired by Arabian horses and equestrianism
- The need to provide researchers with the opportunity to conduct more scientific studies connecting fashion and everyday life
- Working to increase the fashion industry’s interest in creating and producing designs that meet the needs of women in the local market
- The state must encourage and support the establishment of factories for the local fashion industry given the industry’s great importance to the national economy